Hello! Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been working on getting one of my patterns ready to release as a PDF and I have been neglecting my trusty sewing blog! I took a break from the pattern to spruce up my summer wardrobe.
First up is this blue shibori dyed dress with dolman sleeves, a gathered skirt, and big patch pockets. I used my own self drafted pattern.
I wanted to make myself a few things that were comfortable but looked nicer than my worn out collection of skinny jeans and tee shirts. Bleck.
I had some crinkly cotton gauze on hand and I dyed it up with some blueberry fiber reactive dye. I had just enough to get one dress out of it. What luck!
This is also the first time I tried taking pictures outside and they look sooooo much better that the ones taken inside my cave-like apartment!
And a few shots of the inside of the dress:
I used french seams as usual, including at the waist with the gathering, and contrasting bias binding around the neck. The hems of the sleeves and skirt were turned up twice and stitched. I like to make the hems pretty deep, especially on a lightweight fabric, it makes everything hang very nicely.
P.S. If anyone has any questions about the techniques I used, please don’t hesitate to ask:)